Here are 5 simple tips to help keep you and your home cool from the heat this summer:
1. Cook your meals outdoors on a grill and keep your fans on inside.
2. Close the shades during the day to block out the sunlight (and heat) and open the windows at night to let in the cool evening air.
3. Unplug your electronics and turn off the lights when you can. Your gadgets and lights will produce heat when in use.
4. Try to not use your appliances like dishwashers until later at night when it's a cooler part of the day.
5. Use cotton bed sheets as they are lightweight and allow more airflow than other materials.